Re: [tlug] A nihongo propose

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 10:32:42AM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:

>It actually surprised me to see the Toukyou LUG typing away in

I can't imagine why someone should be surprised to find an
English-language LUG using English...

TLUG's policy is and always has been that English is the primary
list language, but that posts in Japanese are acceptable (with the
caveat that you'll probably get more reponses if you post in English).

Considering that people who want/need their Linux info in Japanese
are already subscribing to the JLA list of their choice, I don't
see any particular reason to have bilingual posts.  Mostly, it would
just be more work for most people (more text to trim out when replying
to a message).

I would counterpropose that if anyone really wants something like
that, Pietro and anyone else interested translate it all themselves
and make it available as a digest for those who want it.

Jonathan