Re: [tlug] SSH connection time

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:47:31AM +0900, Shigeo Honda wrote:
> How can I keep ssh connection as long as I want?

Does the problem only happen with SSH or with other persistent
TCP connections?

Are you behind a NAT router that expires unused connections
after 10 minutes?  Or a firewall that watches for persistent
and/or idle connections?

Have you turned off the default TCP keepalive messages in your
ssh configuraton?  If you control the server, you might also
experiment with setting ClientAliveInterval to something
smaller than 10 minutes in your sshd_config.  That puts
periodic messages in the encrypted channel.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/