[tlug] KDE display artifacts (was invisible mouse pointer)

I repost this with a different headline as I suspect it might have been
overlooked.

OK this works now, but the Matrox G200 still causes trouble:

when starting KDE in any other mode than 8 Bit, I get terrible redraw
problems. Basically windows frames have thick black borders and around Menu
there are ugly frames.  Some areas of the screen are not redrawn properly
too.

I also experience this with Dell GX150 which have intel graphics cards.  On
those other window managers are working fine, and the problem only occurs in
KDE.

 Any idea where to tweak?  Or just put in a "normal" card.  But then on my
Dells Gx150s I also have similar problem with the intel card ...

cheers

Patrick