[tlug] XFREE - invisible mouse pointer

Hi,

besides the troublesome HP Vectra with the kernel compile problem, I also
have newer one with PIII on which Gentoo runs.  I installed X and KDE over
the last 4 days, but there is a problem with X:

This HP has an onboard Matrox G200, which I selected in the config and a
Microsoft Mouse with scroll wheel.  Windows display fine in all resolutions,
but the mouse pointer is invisible!!  How can I fix this?

I already tried changing the mouse protocol to PS/2, but no effect.  Also
adding : Option "sw_cursor"   to the device section does not help.

regards

Patrick