Re: [tlug] email programs

J. David Beutel wrote:

> so you would have
> looked a lot better if you had just tried to answer his question.

I wasn't trying to "look" like anything.

My point is this:

When it comes to questions related to Linux computing, TLUG (as I have come
to understand it) has a clear protocol outlined on its web site that
strongly recommends that people do a bit of their own footwork before
throwing a question out there, and to show in their question what they have
done thus far to resolve it.

As someone who has struggled to learn a few languages besides my own, I kind
of felt that the same kind of principle should be applied here, in that the
way the question was phrased, it did not seem to me that much effort had
been made by the originator of the query to find the answer on his own.

Apparently I was mistaken here, and will be more careful to avoid
exercising such cruelty and vanity in the future. Dictionaries? What stupid
recommendation *that* was!

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@example.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary [http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787