Re: [tlug] email programs

And Thus Spake Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com> (on Sun, 25 May 2003
10:58:31 -0400):

> Y'know, I haven't used Sylpheed in a long while, but can't it do that
> itself, that is without using fetchmail (or getmail as I suggested in
> another post)?  I seem to remember it handling multiple accounts and
> filtering without having to use fetchmail. (err, as well as it fetching
> the mail)  :)

It can do everything required barring one feature: it cannot delete mail
from a remote host without downloading it. Furthermore, its filtering does
not allow the user to delete a mail after it has been downloaded, only to
divert it straight to the "trash" folder.

This said, sylpheed-claws might have the required functions:

http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683