[tlug] Job posting

Hi tluggers,

I know this is not an appropriate place to post this..
However, I couldn't think of any other place for good
SysAdmin/Dev candidates who live in Japan or will be
able to stay in Japan for some time.

If anyone is interested, pls reply off list.

-mune

Job Type: Contract (4-6 month, may be extended)

Responsibilities:  Configure and maintain our ASP system which provides
custom java applications running on a Linux network.  We are looking for
someone who has experience with servlet-based java applications on Linux
and tuning those applications to run on a highly reliable/available
network.  This is currently not required, but we may request 24x7
on-call support by cell phone.

Experience/Skills: 3+ years of Linux System admin and 2+ years of
server-side java development and deployment.  The following skills are
desired: Apache, Tomcat 4, Postgres 7, Java 1.4, RedHat Linux 8.0, Linux
iptables, backup tools, Ant, shell script, Oracle.  We are looking for
candidates with strong communication skills and self-management skills.

About Us: We are a software product and services group for a mid-sized
Japanese company.  We are located in the Yokohama region.  This job
requires that you live in Japan for an initial contract lasting 4-6 months.

If you are interested, please send your resume and salary requirements.
 Please indicate your level of experience in all areas identified above.