[tlug] moving sale (Mac, PC, Sun, parts)

Unloading all sorts of unused computer parts--all prices are negotiable! I'd
prefer having people come pick things up, so that they can check that
everything is in working order, but will consider shipping the big items
(assuming you pay for shipping, of course). I live in Musashi-Koyama, along
the Tokyu Meguro line, two stops west of Meguro.

1) Apple PowerMac G3 233/DT desktop      JPY15,000
This is the "beige" G3, the last of the non-USB PowerMacs.
Runs Linux, MacOS, and I think NetBSD. It'll also run OS X, although
you'll at least want to add memory in order to make it run acceptably fast.
Linux and MacOS Classic should do just fine with the existing setup.
Hardware:
    PowerPC 750(G3)@example.com
    160MB RAM, 6MB VRAM
    4GB HDD (I can also sell you a larger replacement HDD if you want)
    CD-ROM and floppy drives
    AppleStyle keyboard (US layout) and mouse [both brand new--never used]
    Apple Extended Keyboard II (used), Logitech wireless mouse (used)
    VGA monitor adapter
Software:
    Mac OS 8.5 (US), Mac OS 9 (JP), Mac OS X 10.0 (JP)
    AppleWorks 5 (US), Nobunaga no Yabo VIII (JP)
Defects:
    A bit sunburnt.

2) Toshiba 4000CDS laptop      JPY8,000
Good laptop for Linux. Read the "defect" section carefully.
Hardware:
    Pentium II 233MHz
    96MB RAM
    20GB hard disk (recent replacement, not used much)
    800x600 DSTN display
    CD-ROM and floppy drives built in
    power supply
    10baseT and modem PCMCIA cards
    Sturdy carrying case included
    I'll also throw in an old PS/2 mouse if you want one.
Software:
    Comes with Win95 and Win98 (English version) install disk
    (But you'd want to run Linux instead, right? ask me for instructions.)
Defects:
The battery is dead (the machine does work with the power cord plugged in),
and one of the PCMCIA slot doors has a damaged eject mechanism, so that you
have to stick you finger inside to pull out the card. The machine is a bit
heavy and has never had a long battery life anyway, so you may want to keep
this thing on a desktop or in a closet as a home server.

3) Sun SparcStation 1+       free to a good home
I bought this at a TLUG auction some time ago, but for various reasons
never got around to setting it up. Free to anyone who wants to give a Sun
machine a try. Keyboard, mouse, AUI->10baseT transceiver. No OS. Has
a framebuffer card.

4) Mitsubishi Diamondtron RDG17X 17" CRT Monitor    JPY3,000
Pretty good monitor, lightly used. No box, so if you want this shipped,
you're going to have to pay for a box. Discount available to whomever buys the
Mac.

5) Cheap Stuff (pick-up only)
  JIS layout PS/2 keyboard (never used)                 JPY300
  Powered speakers (original price about US$15, IIRC)   JPY300

6) Free Stuff -- first come first serve
  Apple StyleWriter (with serial cable)
  32kbps external Mac modem (US spec; technically illegal to use in Japan)
  AAUI->10baseT transceiver (for older Macs)
  50-pin internal SCSI ribbon
  25-pin external SCSI cable
  2 APS SCSI-II enclosures (includes dead disks)
  2 AUI->10baseT transceivers
  ADB extension cable