Re: [tlug] hardware

On Mon, 19 May 2003 20:10:58 +0900
Peter Evans <peter@example.com> wrote:

> Righty-ho, I'm all ready to go to Akihabara and buy a motherboard, CPU,
> memory card, hard drive, video card and other odds and sods to put them
> in a computer on which I shall attempt to install Linux.

Last weekend I went to buy a home server machine. It was to be installed
in my room so the biggest factor was noise level, then price.
I got myself a VIA epia me6000, which is a really tiny (17cm) motherboard
with an integrated cpu (fanless!) and other goodies. I knew it would work
with linux at the level I wanted, but I was really surprised to see
"official linux support" written on their page with all the drivers.
Probably this is not what you want though.