Re: [tlug] hardware

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Jonathan Q wrote:

>- Asus, MSI, and GigaByte motherboards are all excellent.  If you want to
>find out about performance, check tomshardware.com.  All should be reliable
>and compatible.  I like MSI and GigaByte a lot.

You have actually seen a MSI mobo that works? Some five of my friends
have experiences about in total ten or so broken MSI mobos within one
year. Last MSI I've seen (a week ago actually) was broken
out-of-the-box, one memory slot broken and does a hard reboot when
ifconfiging the net up with a tested-and-working network card on 2.4.20.
2.2 series works just fine.

Nothing bad to say about Asus, Gigabyte or Soltek.

--
Tapio Peltonen <tappel@example.com>

This novel is not to be tossed lightly aside, but to be hurled with
great force.
                -- Dorothy Parker