Re: [tlug] cron+pam syslogs

On Sun, 18 May 2003 11:42:48 -0400
Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> > Is there a way to disable these?
> >
> > May 18 23:00:01 localhost cron(pam_unix)[1071]: session opened for
> > user mail by (uid=0)
> One solution would be to switch to syslog-ng and add a line in your
> config file that would throw away the offending entries.

I saw a post on google suggesting syslog-ng for this, but I was hoping for
an easier fix instead of having to throw out my good old syslog. I
couldn't find anything in the pam docs on how to disable sysloging, so I
went on and installed syslog-ng. Should have done this long before, neat
stuff. Anyway, I added the following filter to get rid of the annoying
messages:

filter f_cron_msg { match("cron\\(pam_unix\\)\\[[0-9]+\\]\\: session"); };