Re: [tlug] Japanese LaTeX problems

hello,

i just arrived on this mail list last week.

by the way, i hope that your last friday's party in Shinjuku was nice !

i am also newbie in Linux,
looking for some ideas to write in japanese under RH8.

presently, i am facing the following problem :
i use Ximian Evolution 1.2.4 as my mail-client,
and i would like to read and write in japanese.

- reading : the encoding character possibilities always give me any
char, but no kanji/kana ... i tried different (font definition, encoding
char) couples, but without success.

- writing : there is a 'Shift+Space' possibility that works under Kterm,
but i don't know how to do for Ximian mailer ...

have you experienced this before ?
where shall i look for ?

thanks for your advices,

Marc