Re: [tlug] A SCO letter

Sam Tilders wrote:

> Forcing infringement eh? I wonder... The way that letter reads, maybe it was
> written by someone in Redmond? Perhaps MS have something on SCO left over
> from the Xenix days?

Spending 180$ million as M$ will do to destroy Linux and OpenSource, demonstrate
a big fear. Maybe I'm a little bit paranoic but maybe all this is just a M$
conspiration. There is no way to illegal Linux, by M$, but trying to use a
company of Unix world. The fact is so strange that I can not understand, how a
company that is a founder member of the UnitedLinux, and still now was selling
as some of their products a Linux distro, is now in this position.
This smell a rat!

The thing I'm most afraid, is that still today, the judges, politicians and
other law related people, do not know sufficient to decide and make laws about
software and computers. Almost all the judges maybe the only contact with IT
technology is to send emails, search in the web and see their children play with
the playstation. Maybe the night before the trial he/she search the web to know
what is all this stuff of Linux, GNU, etc...

Maybe hard times are comming to the penguin but I'm sure it will peck they all!

Pietro