Re: [tlug] A SCO letter

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 05:46:32PM +0200, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> And Thus Spake Pietro Zuco <pietro@example.com> (on Sat, 17 May 2003 17:43:44
> +0200):
>
> > I find this letter in SCO page...
> > What do you think about it?
> >
> > http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
>
> Pure BS.
>
> The kernel was rewritten from scratch.

More to the point SCO is/was Caldera. If there is any portion of the code
that came from SCO "intellectual property" they have since released it
under the GPL as part of their own distribution. Even if the code was
originally stolen, a claim I highly doubt, they gave it back to us.
Fortunately for us SCO went after IBM first and that is a _much_ bigger
IP dog then SCO ever could hope to be.  I imagine IBM will crush them
like a bug, and linux will keep trucking along. If not I still have
NetBSD.

--Matt