Re: [tlug] Workaround for Japanese IM in RH 8. Plus: is MS stylelocalization the best we can do?

On Thu, 15 May 2003 11:44:28 +0900
David Riggs <dariggs@example.com> wrote:

> Start kinput2 yourself, and then start each Gnome program with the
> 2. Is this the only way to get Japanese into most Gnome application?
There are other ways too. IIIMF is on the way, which I've not yet tried.
Or you can try im-ja. (Which I have tried a few times ;)

> Must I sacrifice my English menus for an occasional word in Japanese? (I
No, if you set LANGUAGE=en_US, you can have English menus.