Re: [tlug] BSD vs BSD vs Linux

patrick.niessen@example.com wrote:
> Dear TLUGERs
>
> which one is better, Linux or BSD?

I maybe don't have many years of experience with Linux, Unix, etc as other
people in the list, but I can tell my personal opinion about OSes.

I think there is not a better OS but only a worse OS. The worse I think you can
imagine (winblows) ;)
So when people ask to me such questions I answer that all depends what you want
to do with your OS. Still do not exist a perfect OS that can be the best in any
situation. It all depends. For example, if you really need to use a specific
application, to generate a specific data, and that application exist only for
winblows, and you can't find any solution in other platforms, in that case the
only OS that can solve your needs would be the worse OS in the history. I think
this case is rare to exist and you would be very unfortunately.

So first think about your needs, about what you want, reformulate the question
and then look for the OS that match. Maybe you'll discover that the thing you
are really looking for, is the OS that you was always used.
Or you can try to have many OSes as these guys that have only 37!!

http://www.maximumpc.com/features/feature_2002-09-24.html

Pietro.