Re: [tlug] sendmail problems. Host lookup deferred.

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Jonathan Q wrote:

> On Thursday 08 May 2003 16:22, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>
> > /etc/mail/access that does not allow relaying from 192.168.1
>
> Strange that it should queue the mail in that case.  The usual response
> to not allowing relaying from your local net is to have the mail
> refused outright by your mail server.

The default /etc/mail/access file in a redhat system contains only 3
entries: localhost, localhost.localdomain, 127.0.0.1 which points to the
same thing: the mail server itselft. Now I know the reason why 192.168.1.x
was refused: /etc/mail/access contains syntax error and and when I upgrade
sendmail, /etc/mail/access.db did not get reflected( japanese: han-ei).

> Anyway, glad to hear it's working. > >

A very bad taste of sendmail. It was a *simple* problem but hard to be
hunt down ;)

|            Nguyen Vu Hung( vuhung@example.com )              |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/ |
|  I am looking for a job in Japan or Hanoi. My resume     |
|  http://www.fedu.uec.ac.jp/~vuhung/resume-03.txt     |