Re: [tlug] Weird (network) Science

On Thursday 08 May 2003 13:41, Guy W wrote:

> http://lartc.org/howto/index.html

Will check that out.  If they can do it more easily with Linux, they might
be willing to spring for the hardware.  Cisco gear will be there anyway,
so they'd rather use it.

> such as CBFWQ?

I'm leaning toward that.  The really ugly part is that I will have to
do it for - initially - 4 different customers whose traffic will all be
reaching the router where rate limiting is to be done over one
interface.  It appears, if I have understood my research so far, that
to rate-limit them to different rates practically, I will need to route each
one out a different sub-interface and rate-limit those sub-interfaces
according to how much bandwidth each one is paying for.  It would
be really nice to have a small router lab to do a proof of concept
network for this :-p

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Q
GPG key ID: ACC46EF9 (E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9)