Re: [tlug] ||||| Linux-Cafe....where?|||||||

On Wed, 07 May 2003 07:18:06 +0000
"Phillip Hilton" <p_hilton69@example.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: [tlug] ||||| Linux-Cafe....where?|||||||
> To Pietro and all the rest of the luggerz,
>
> thanks for the map and stuff you crazy kids I will check it out this
> weekend.

Be sure to take a stroll down the street that Linux cafe is on - it's DIY (do it yourself) street, my favorite part of Akihabara.  Be sure to check out the Junk Garage at the other end of that stretch - good place to pick up an old CAT scan machine, antique video equipment or perhaps a dozen pairs of cheap headphones for 10 yen...

It's just around the corner from Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank... (see below)

> Regards.
>
> Pip the little english lad.
>
> P.s. Anyone else ever find it hard to get a bank account in Tokyo!!! Mizuho
> the bank that likes to say "f*** off back home white boy".

I've been using Tokyo Mitsubishi bank for years.  Never a problem.
They even let me sign up while I was still on a tourist visa.
I've heard that it's the most Gaijin-friendly of the Japanese banks. (But of course, they don't take checks for deposit...)

>Believe me I was
> polite and had all the right papaerwork. I tried three differrent branches
> all said no wayo.....try another branch somewhere else "It willl be more
> convienient for you!". Thats why they are my personal target of abuse for
> the decade.........I tell in you in the last one you guys very nearly saw me
> on the nine o'clock news......I had real trouble not butchering the entire
> staff withy their own ball point pens. Everyone else I have met in Japan
> without exception has been top-notch except these guys. Maybe mizuho is
> where the Japnese government puts all the nasty people?
>
> Hmmm perhaps  2 kilos of C4 and 4 pound bag of roofing nails wrapped up in a
> plastic drainage pipe may be more satisfying than the more traditional
> letter of complaint.
>
> Rant over.......

> Surf together with new Shared Browsing
> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059