Re: [tlug] Laptops in Tokyo...

Jim Breen <jwb@example.com> wrote:

> Getting a Japanese keyboard if you are going to use it mainly in English
> is a Bad Thing (TM). The space bar is too small, the henkan keys
> either side get in the way,  and the special characters you can't live
> without in Unix are in wierd places.

And, seeing that no one has mentioned it yet, you don't need a Japanese
keyboard to input Japanese.  In fact, most Japanese people I know do not
even use the henkan keys (but are more comfortable with the Japanese
layout because they're used to its placement of the special characters).
But then I do know some people who use kana input...

Stephen