Re: [tlug] nifty ADSL router (conclusion)

On Tue, 6 May 2003 11:14:02 +0900
<Michael.Morimoto@example.com> wrote:
Subject: RE: [tlug] nifty ADSL router (conclusion)
> Hello, I currently use Yahoo BB with a D-Link Wireless router that I brought with me from the states.  Works pretty well although Yahoo BB does not really have English tech support as far as I can tell.  I get about 1.5 mbps using their 8 mbps service from Meguro.

I agree - Yahoo has had no unpleasant surprises.  I use the standard giveaway modem that they hand out at the stations and an IPCop router that I built from a P200.  No troubles, no blocked ports, so far an unchanging IP...
Tech support hasn't been an issue, because I haven't needed it at all. (Knock wood.)
They will also deduct the fees from your Japanese bank, which is quite convenient.

When you get here, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the connectivity that you can get quite easily.
Jim

> Cheers,
>
> -- Michael.

Jim O'Connell