Re: [tlug] programmers?

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 18:59, mauro@example.com wrote:
> mmmm , it's a blade machine, therefore,  minicom to the serial and STOP+A  will solve any problem :)
>
> It would be a mess if a data-center have 400 keyboards, mice and monitors ;)

We use IP KVM for our important machines, as it is the only way to be
able to manage remote machines (remote = worldwide, no physical access).
It works well, but is quite expensive (USD 3,000 for 8 ports, + the 8
connectors).
This is for PC-style hardware (NT/Linux). For Sparc/Solaris, we also
have an IP solution, but much cheaper, as we need only a link to the
serial port.

br.

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)