Re: [tlug] Kind of OT, Oku no Hosomichi

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 03:57:21PM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:
> How do you actually set that up though? Say, hypothetically, that the
> NIX gives us one IP for each household. So no NATing or anything. But
> how do you set up the routing bit so that all people involve get their
> connection from the nix?

I recently got fiber with a block of static IP addresses.  I'm
currently using the Ethernet bridging code in the 2.4 kernel with
some filtering extensions <http://bridge.sf.net/>.  On my ToDo
list is to try the 2.5 kernel and ebtables <http://ebtables.sf.net/>.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/