Re: [tlug] Hang on Install with Laptop

I guess your Clevo D400S has SiS650(SiS962) chipset. SiS is nice and less
expensive chipset, however sometimes it is difficult to install Linux.I
had same
experience with my SiS630 chipset notebookPC last summer.

At first, you might check the website of Linux distributor's hardware
support
list and find informaiton on SiS chipset. Also check XFree86 support.

> I had to get a new laptop for one of my projects, and couldn't stand to
> pay the M$ tax one more time, so I bought a no-name (actually, named
> Clevo D400S) laptop with no OS installed.

_/_/_/ Shigeo HONDA
_/_/_/ shige@example.com