Re: [tlug] iptables: port forwarding

 --- Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung@example.com> wrote:
> I tried it but it did not work for me.
> I dont know why. My connection is secureOCN and as
> described here:
> http://www.ocn.ne.jp/secureocn/?b
>
> there is a firewall between my server and the
> internet.

Yes, that firewall is the problem.
according to the page above,
the firewall provides stateful inspection,
and application-level filtering.

It means the firewall "reads" TCP payload and
checks payload is really a HTTP.
So, conversations between poor SSH client and server
are filtered out.

I think there is no way to handle this situation.
(if you really want it, you can write special filter
that makes false http header. But it needs some
coding with trial-and-error... unrealistic advice :-) )

---------
Susumu ISHIZUKA <sufiyanjp@example.com>