Re: [tlug] Re: yahoo!bb, dhcp, eth1

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Tony Laszlo wrote:

> both are being recognized
> normally, as far as I can tell.
> The one that is connecting to the modem
> is a NE2000 clone from AI Brain called
> E2000T. The other one is a 3com Etherlink III
> I think (3c509).

strangeness.
last week both were being recognized.
this week, the ne2000 clone is no longer being recognized.
I haven't changed anything in the interim (just hadn't
been using the machine for a few days).
I tooks the cards out and put them back in,
but the computer no longer knows about the ne2000.
come to think of it, I think the computer didn't
recognize the ne2000 for a few hours when I fooled
with this last week either.
Is there something else to try before concluding
that the card is bad? (the card is new, but I had
it sitting around in its package for about 2 years
before putting it in last week).

These ISA Lan cards were already getting a bit scarce
two years ago. Anyone know of a good place to look
for another one?

Thanks.

--
Tony Laszlo