Re: [tlug] Read/write japanese

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 10:04:50AM +0200, David Oftedal wrote:
> So I'm trying to use Japanese with Gentoo as well. I've started
> cannaserver and am now trying to activate kinput2, but get the following
> message:
>
> bash-2.05b$ kinput2 -xim -kinput -canna &

Interesting--when I hit reply, I still get mojibake but there are kanji
interspersed amongst the question marks.

I believe the last person who posted a similar problem fixed it by
changing over to rxvt, instead of kterm.

I mentioned my page, which has a Gentoo section, at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html

See if any of the info there helps.  In most cases, I found that I'd
have trouble because I forget to set LC_CTYPE, or perhaps installed one of
the ebuilds without specifying the cjk USE variable.

HTH

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

Mayor Wilkins: I have two words that are going to make all your
troubles go away. 'Miniature Golf.'