[tlug] Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and truetype - followup

Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> さんは書きました:

> And Thus Spake Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> (on Wed, 9 Apr 2003
> 15:32:38 +0200):
>
>> Whenever I startx, I get this on the console: "Could not init font path
>> element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf, removing from list!"

What fonts do you have in that directory and what are the
contents of fonts.dir?

Do you use the "freetype" module or the "xtt" module in XF86Config
or are you using the font server xfs?

> Interestingly enough, despite the error message, GTK and KDE applications
> "see" the new fonts and can use them no trouble.

That's because GTK and KDE use them via libXft, not via the legacy X-server
core font rendering mechanism.

[...]

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian