[tlug] XFree86 4.3.0 and truetype - followup

And Thus Spake Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> (on Wed, 9 Apr 2003
15:32:38 +0200):

> Whenever I startx, I get this on the console: "Could not init font path
> element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ttf, removing from list!"

Interestingly enough, despite the error message, GTK and KDE applications
"see" the new fonts and can use them no trouble.

OpenOffice 1.0.2 and Mozilla 1.3a can't, and yet they can on the other setup
with XFree86 4.2.0.

Therefore, we're definitely talking about something new in the way XFree86
4.3.0 handles fonts.

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683