[tlug] Read/write japanese

Hi everyone,

Hope I'm the right place. I'm an active member of the Linux User Group
here in Rome and I think is important for LUGs to cooperate.

I've a problem. This year I've started studying japanese and I want to
read/write japanese characters on my Linux box. I'm running a Gentoo
distro and I've installed canna+kinput2+kterm.

Kterm seems to correctly connect to the canna/kinput2 subsystem and
pop up with the kanji window. Anyway after pressing space I expect to
see kanji on my commend line. Instead a strange sequence of plain ASCII
characters appear. I think they are coded kanji ideograms so the problem
maybe in a misconfiguration of kterm kanji font.

Can you help me solve the problem?

Arigato gozaimashita.

Cristiano

----
JabberID : paris@example.com
ICQ #    : 168127096
Yahoo    : cristiano_paris
MSN	 : cristiano_paris@example.com

GnuPG Public Key Fingerprint (keyserver.linux.it)
pub  1024D/9F064556 2002-01-18 Cristiano Paris
     Key fingerprint = 9D20 667A 9B12 1DA2 2A41  F32E C93E 490C 9F06 4556
----