Re: [tlug] Knoppix Distro Mini Review

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:44:59 +0200
Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: [tlug] Knoppix Distro Mini Review
> And Thus Spake Brett Robson <b-robson@example.com> (on Tue, 08 Apr 2003
> 09:46:47 +0900):
>
> > Thanks, sounds very interesting.
> >
> > Is there some way of configuring/customising it before you burn the CD?
>
> Most likely, yes, but I don't know how. Maybe the .iso image can be mounted
> R/W?
I thought about that and mentioned it to Henning Peters, who was over doing an install and he pointed out that an ISO is 'defragmented' and not dynamic, just like a CD. (I'm putting it badly, but I think you'll get it...)
You'd have to re-write sections of the image with the same number of bytes.

(Mounting ISOs (ro) from your HD *is* pretty cool though and wasn't terribly obvious to me at first...)

> Knoppix was distributed with a magazine over here in France and it had been
> modified so that the default startup language was French rather than German.
>
> --
> G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
> Registered Linux user #284683
> Sign spotted on a repair shop door:
> WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING.
> (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK)

Jim O'Connell
Global Dining System Support
jim at global-dining dot co dot jp