[tlug] Python/RHN-applet problem

Greetings,

On my two RH7.3 systems, I am a subscriber to RHN, and get regular
updates through the up2date system. I have been using the (automatically-
installed) applet on the task bar that turns red when there are
updates to install.

A few days ago the applet on my notebook system died. It popped a message
saying it had segfaulted, and since then it refuses even to start. When
it died, it left a string of Java VM processes behind (according to ps).

The applet is a python app, it starts with:

	/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/rhn-applet --activate-goad-s.......

Does anyone have any suggestions on ehat to clean up to get this going again?
Is suspect something has been left behind somewhere.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298