[tlug] Share CD burner on Samba?

It seems like this ought to be possible, and googling has yielded a certain
amount of circumstantial evidence that it is, but nothing as concrete as a
"Yes, here's how it's done."

I currently have it it set up as a Samba share and want to map it as a network
drive on Windows XP & 2000 clients to use for installing software over the
network (not all of our workstations have CDROM drives) and also for burning
software.  However, when I tried mapping it as a network drive on one XP
client, the client saw it as an NFTS drive with no files.  In fact, there was
a music CD in the drive at the time.

If anyone has set up a burner this way, what did you do?

TIA,

Jonathan Q
GPG key ID: ACC46EF9 (E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9)
To get my public key: gpg --recv-keys --keyserver pgp.mit.edu ACC46EF9