Re: [tlug] small redhat 9 review :)

And Thus Spake Nguyen Vu Hung <vuhung@example.com> (on Tue, 1 Apr 2003
14:00:13 +0900 (JST)):

> Did you mean /etc/conf.modules?

No, I meant /etc/modules. At least that's how Mandrake works, so I assume RH
also.

/etc/modules.conf contains module dependencies, /etc/modules contains the
list of modules loaded unconditionally at startup.

> My sound card driver is es1371, I found it in "/sbin/lsmod | grep ^es13"
> but mpg123 still enable to play mp3 without starting redhat-sound-config
> ;((.

Check the permissions on your /dev/dsp device node maybe...

> By the way, I have built and installed xmms-mp3. Now I can play mp3
> directly( without doing sound config) from xmms. Why???

I wouldn't put it past RH to make something like xmms setuid...

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683