[tlug] Re: Windows Japanese file name

Edward Middleton wrote:

> Samba will do the conversion automatically for you if you set.
>         coding system = utf8
>         client code page = 932
> it is explained in the smb.conf man page.
> from the manual

Very annoyingly this doesn't work anymore with the CVS-Version.
I used to use "coding system = euc", but now the options are gone and
only utf-8 is supported. As a workaround I use a script to create
symlinks in another directory with the names converted to utf-8.

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits