Re: [tlug] Windows Japanese file name

>Is there any file manager I can use to view
>these files correctly in Linux?

First of all, you CAN use kterm in SJIS mode (Middle-click and use the
menu to enable it, I think), umm, but... It only works on the INPUT
line, not the large output area. It's really weird.

Or try LC_ALL=ja_JP.sjis LANG=ja_JP.sjis <gnome-terminal, konqueror, or
whatever terminal/file manager you're using>

This is probably your best bet, but let's say that the SJIS encoding
isn't a priority on Linux. Most systems use EUC_JP or UTF-8.

Alternatively, you could use Red Hat 8 with UTF-8 and convert the
filenames manually to UTF-8 like I do. I mean, Windows has gotta convert
to UTF-8 SOMEtime, right?

--
そんなお茶目さんには罰ゲーム生蛸パンツ十分!