Re: [tlug] Re: Server Racks

On 19/03/2003 at 09:11 Josh Glover wrote:

>Quoth Thomas Kruemmer (Wed 2003-03-19 08:09:47AM +0900):
>Flame-baiting the Listmaster is generally consider Not A Good Thing...
Neither did I flamebait you nor did I challenge your authority.

>First of all, I do not consider cryptographic signatures to be superfluous.
I beg to differ: on a mailing list they are.

>Secondly, top-posting draws the ire of many on this list, and thus I step
>in when there is a spate of it to remind the guilty parties that this mailing
>list prefers, nay, demands that the response to an email be appended to the
>bottom of the quoted comments.
I am in full agreement, you are kicking-in open doors.

>I think that top-posting encourages this kind of laziness.
Again: I am in full agreement.

>Therefore, I would advise you to take the comments that I make in my
>officialvrole in the spirit in which they are intended, i.e. to maintain the quality
>of this mailing list.
Seconded. That is what I did.

>In this matter, I think that your response was not only unnecessary, but
>its
>sarcastic content was downright childish
This is opinionated and uncalled-for aggression. You are passing a judgement here.

>In the future, please remember that I am not passing judgement on you or
>anyone else, I am just doing my job.

No one suggested that you were passing judgements, orginally.

>--
>Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com>
>
>Associate Systems Administrator
>INCOGEN, Inc.
>http://www.incogen.com/
>
>GPG keyID 0x62386967 (7479 1A7A 46E6 041D 67AE  2546 A867 DBB1 6238 6967)
>gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 62386967

17 lines of signature. Not a statement, just a fact.

Best
Thomas