Re: [tlug] bugtraq@example.com

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:12:19PM +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:

> Are there any people here who subscribe to the bugtraq@example.com
> mailing list?

Yes. But I don't remember ever posting to it.

> Not once has a mail of mine made it there. I have always posted from the
> address as which I'm subscribed to the list and those of you here who know
> me realise that I'm not the kind to go and spam a techie list (or any list
> for that matter). My mails have always bounced with a polite message saying
> that they were not approved by the moderators and that I should contact
> bugtraq-owner@example.com if I wanted more details.

I've had similar problems on other lists where my posts would get held
up because the list software thought I wasn't a subscriber. Fixed it by
setting the 'Sender:' header to the same as the From: address.

But in this case, the problem might be something else if you are not
getting any reply at all. Someone more active on Bugtraq might be able
to help.

--
A. Sajjad Zaidi
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 267E0D0E