Re: [tlug] Sorry to Hijack a thread but whats wrong with LILO

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Godwin Stewart wrote:

> However, I'm about 5 miles as the crow flies from the local nuclear power
> station so I've never lived closer to the place were the power I use is
> generated. I've also never had such a damned unreliable power supply!
>
> It's fairly safe to say that there's a disturbance every week. There was a
> 10-minute outage yesterday, that was covered by the UPS no problem. I had to
> power down about a week ago at the beginning of a 50-minute outage...

That's terrible!  I haven't had any external problems in Shinjuku.

I've had plenty of internal problems, however, because my maximum power
consumption exceeds the limits of the circuit breakers in my apartment.
So, I'm tempted to get a UPS.  Does anyone happen to know about how much
it costs to increase the power limits?  I'd love to just put in larger
breakers, but I'm not an electrician and I'm afraid safety might require
additional changes (e.g., more outlets, a different meter, etc).

11011011