[tlug] special characters

Hi all,

I thought I had learnt this in a unix course a million years ago
but I can't find anything info telling me how, or maybe I dreamt it.

Is there any way of entering characters into vi using their hex
(or dec) value? eg 89 to get one of those fancy 'e's with two
dots on top.

Thanks
Brett

--
Brett Robson
Global Online

Microsoft programmers proudly add[ed] multitasking
to their operating systems in the 1990s, unaware
that their "innovation" was common commercial
practice in the 1960s.  -  Philip Greenspun