Re: [tlug] Re: Japanese in Evolution 1.2.1 Solved

> Would that this were the solution. I patched the file and rebuilt
> gtkhtml, but I still get little open boxes instead of the proper
> characters.
>From what I understand the little boxes apear when the current font
doesn't support the characters.  i.e. you are using a font that doesn't
support Japanese.  You can change the font that gtkhtml uses by running

#gtkhtml-properties-capplet

and setting "On screen" "Variable width","Fixed width" fonts to a
iso10646-1 encoded font.

I use
Variable width = helvetica(adobe) iso10646-1
Fixed width = kochi mincho iso10646-1

I don't know what this patch solves because I haven't used it.  Using
this setup english characters are spaced too far appart but that is
another problem.

Edward