Re: [tlug] Linux in Japanese Higher Ed

>>Seems that NTT and NEC (the usual suspects), along with Waseda, are
>>bringing Linux to the higher ed admin arena.  Might anyone have a
>>little more info on this (English, if you please)?  I'm smack in the
>>middle of coding up something just like this, and I'd like to know if
>>I'm wasting my time. =)

It's been slashdotted (Japanese).  There might be more info in there.
http://slashdot.jp/article.pl?sid=03/02/20/0140226&topic=46&mode=thread

Also, you might be interested in Orca, not MS's weird software but admin
system designed for hospitals.
http://www.navic.co.jp/services/orca/campaign/index_j.html

--
Baba Yoshihiko