Re: [tlug] TTF Fonts in RH 8

Charles Muller wrote:

> Jim Breen wrote:
>
> > Chuck, has RH 8 fixed the TTF rendering problem that seemed to erupt
> > with 7.3?
>
> I assume you are referring to the problem with the double-width
> display of MS Arial Unicode? I ended up simply removing the reference
> to that font from the fonts.dir and never got around to trying it
> again after changing to RH 8.

Wooot! That happens in RedHat, too? I thought I was the idiot because I
keep getting this in Gentoo and have no idea how to get rid of it! It
would be a tremendous relief to me if someone had a solution for that,
Openoffice (and much worse, Nethack!) are completely unusable to me
because of it. Poking around XF86config and font directories without
having the slightest idea what I'm looking for didn't really help so
far...

Cheers
Ulrich Plate

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key CF7D6206
Fingerprint CDD6 3225 3489 1305 D4D6 1CCF 50E8 6505 CF7D 6206