Re: [tlug] Folding@example.com

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:49:25 +1100
Sam Tilders <sam@example.com> wrote:
Subject: Re: [tlug] Folding@example.com

> That's what it is. I run the machine with the case off and the temperature is
> dropping even with the Folding@example.com client running.
>
> Guess it's time to get an extra extraction fan.

 You do know that leaving the case off will make the machine run hotter, don't you?
(Your fans lose all of the air flow out/in the open top.)
Close the case and seal up any open pci slot holes.  Clean/replace the fan as necessary and you'll get better performance from your cooling system.

If it's still hot, you may want to look at another cooling strategy such as rounded cables and ducting, but I suspect you won't need to.
Cheers,
Jim

> --
> --
> Sam Tilders
> sam@example.com
>
> Cogito Ergo Sum - I think, therefore I am.  (Descartes)

Jim O'Connell
Global Dining System Support
jim at global-dining dot co dot jp