Re: [tlug] Creative dependencies in gjiten

>Is this redhat? I have installed GNOME2 once through garnome and
>pkg-config worked.
>Also the debian gnome2 packages (dev also) work flawlessly too.

Let's just say that it HAS been Red Hat. After quasi-upgrading to Red
Hat 8.0 from Red Hat 7.3 I had to reinstall GTK2 a few thousand times,
because every single program was looking for ITS version of GTK 2,
obviously not the one that was on my machine. Either a .la file was
missing, or a .so file was missing, but no single version of GTK 2 was
good enough. Not even the one that came with Red Hat 8, the one I WAS
running until I had to install another devel package to suit the gjiten
source.

Sorry about that, I know it's not your fault. Anyway, the result is
hardly anything will compile from source. It's something I've gotten
used to, and it's basically why I hate GTK. I don't remember how I
resolved this issue with GTK 1. Quite possibly, I didn't.

>This is because the rpm was created on my debian system. If redhat is
>not linking gtk/gnome libs to the above, then they might be irrelevant.
>Try to --force the install, there's nothing to loose.
>If anyone created a proper redhat, mandrake, suse package, I'll put it
>up.

I'll be looking forward to that. I'd love to compile one myself, but
pkg-config or something like it doesn't think I HAVE gnome 2. Which is
stupid. I'll probably make a clean reinstall when I get my hands on a
new hard drive.

-Dave Oftedal