Re: [tlug] Creative dependencies in gjiten

David Oftedal wrote:

> Hello again...
>
> I thought I'd give it a good try with the new gjiten, but my GTK2
> installation is fucked up (as with any installation of GTK pkg-config
> thinks the libraries are in the wrong place), so I can really only
> install it via rpm without going through a lot of tedious work.

Is this redhat? I have installed GNOME2 once through garnome and
pkg-config worked.
Also the debian gnome2 packages (dev also) work flawlessly too.

> Now... The two libraries
>
> libgnutls.so.5 is needed by gjiten-2.0-1
> libtasn1.so.0 is needed by gjiten-2.0-1
>
> don't exist.
>
> Is there an rpm version of gjiten that only depends on existant
> libraries?

This is because the rpm was created on my debian system. If redhat is
not linking gtk/gnome libs to the above, then they might be irrelevant.
Try to --force the install, there's nothing to loose.
If anyone created a proper redhat, mandrake, suse package, I'll put it
up.