Re: [tlug] Japanese Word-Processing in Gentoo

Stuart Luppescu wrote:

> How do I get latex to handle Japanese? On my RedHat 7.3
> machine at home (soon to be switched to Gentoo), I have platex as part
> of the tetex package, but it is not included in the Gentoo tetex
> ebuild.

Not in portage, but this will probably do:

http://gentoojp.sourceforge.jp/pukiwiki/index.php?%5B%5B%C6%FC%CB%DC%B8%ECteTeX%5D%5D

> Moreover, after platex'ing and dvips'ing my file, the Japanese didn't
> show up in the ps file. I tried all different kinds of encoding, with
> no success. Do I need a special version of ghostscript? In any case,
> what do I do in Gentoo?

The Ghostscript fonts for CJK are also available via GentooJP rather
than the official portage tree. Try if this ebuild helps:
http://gentoojp.sourceforge.jp/pukiwiki/index.php?%5B%5Bghostscript-cjkfont%5D%5D

Cheers
Ulrich Plate

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key CF7D6206
Fingerprint CDD6 3225 3489 1305 D4D6 1CCF 50E8 6505 CF7D 6206