Re: [tlug] Japanese Word-Processing in Gentoo

On 金, 2003-02-14 at 21:15, Ryan Shaw wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to do some Japanese word-processing on my
> Gentoo box, and I was wondering what the Gentoo
> users out there are using for this task.

I'll take this opportunity to ask a question that has been bothering me
for a while: How do I get latex to handle Japanese? On my RedHat 7.3
machine at home (soon to be switched to Gentoo), I have platex as part
of the tetex package, but it is not included in the Gentoo tetex ebuild.
Moreover, after platex'ing and dvips'ing my file, the Japanese didn't
show up in the ps file. I tried all different kinds of encoding, with no
success. Do I need a special version of ghostscript? In any case, what
do I do in Gentoo?
--
Stuart Luppescu       -=- s-luppescu@example.com
University of Chicago -=- CCSR