[tlug] spam filtering [was: RE: guys password protect the archives]

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 03:39:35PM +0100, David Oftedal wrote:
> Speaking of Spam, could someone provide a few pointers on how to set up
> a mailserver that can use SpamAssassin, Spamhaus Block List etc.?

This page contains info on how the get DNS based spam blocking going:
http://www.ordb.org/faq/#usage

It works quite nicly for me (exim). Spamhaus is also DNS based and just as
easy to set up. Having not set Spamassassin up, I dont know about it, but
people I know how haved used it say its good, just not for large quantites
of mail (resource intensive).

Of course in exim (and maybe others) you can do pattern matching on the
headers/body and drop it depending on that as well.

Tim.

--
"ergo it is easier to drag sheep downhill" - Applied Ergonomics Magasine
Tim Hurman - Email: kano at kano.org.uk - Phone: Yeah right.