[tlug] Bad blocks on HD found during RH install

I'm trying to install RH8.0 from CD and using disk druid to configure my
partitions. After I've allocate my partitions, etc ... the installation
begins. For each partition I ask for a "bad blocks" check.

When checking hda2 the installer says that bad blocks were found and
that it recommends not using that device. It then just sits there and
says "press any key to reboot".

I thought the idea behind checking for bad blocks was to find them and
mark them as bad so the OS would use them ... not to just give up if you
find some ... Is this a frailty of the automatic installer? Or is it an
indication that my HD is about to die ...

It's an 80 GB drive so I would like to use it if possible. Is there a
way for me to get the installer to mark those blocks as bad and keep
going? Or should I give up on the HD? Or should I use some manually "bad
block" finding/marking tool?

Thanks,

Jc